RxTrace followers will want to register and listen in on the Healthcare Distribution Management Association’s (HDMA) upcoming important webinar on May 19, 2016 from 1:00 to 2:00pm EDT. The webinar will cover the new changes to their “Bar Coding Quick Start Guide” for compliance with the U.S. Drug Supply Chain Security Act. HDMA originally published this document back in 2014 (see the HDMA’s website) but they are expected to publish an updated version of it any day now. I checked the HDMA website last night and did not see the new version, but with the scheduling of this webinar, odds are it will be made available to the public between now and May 19.
When that document becomes available I will review it in RxTrace. However, you may wish to listen in on the webinar to hear HDMA’s presentation first hand. I recommend that you do.
According to the HDMA announcement, the webinar will feature:
- Chuck Biss, Senior Director, AIDC Healthcare, GS1;
- Kay Gard, Senior Operations Manager, Product Distribution, Genentech Inc., A Member of the Roche Group;
- Mark Karhoff, Program Manager, Genentech Inc., A Member of the Roche Group; and,
- Matt Sample, Senior Director, Secure Supply Chain, AmerisourceBergen Corporation.
And the topics covered will include:
- The GTIN and its components, while outlining GTIN allocation rules;
- Case label changes;
- Guidance for labeling inner packs; and,
- The SSCC for partial cases and partial inner packs.
To register for this HDMA webinar, click here.